Pillows help you sleep better, and they also provide some head support during the day. However, not all pillows are created equal! This is where pillow fabric comes in. There are many different fabrics that can be used to make pillows, so which one is best?
We’ll tell you! The most important thing about making a pillow is choosing the right fabric. There are so many options out there, but we’ve narrowed it down to our top 5 picks. Whether you need silk, cotton, or something else entirely, these fabrics (reviewed below) will help your pillows look and feel their best. You can rest easy knowing that all of our recommendations have been tested by real people in real homes across America. We’re confident that any of these fabrics will make your home more beautiful than ever before!
In this blog post, we will discuss 10 of the best fabrics for making pillows. We hope that by reading through these tips you’ll find out how to choose what’s right for your needs!
What Are The Best Fabrics For Pillows To Choose From? (Detailed Review)
1. RayLineDo4PCS 48cmX48cm Flower Pattern Patchwork Fabric Bundle Squares Quilting Sewing Art Craft Beds Curtains Pillows Pajamas
This product is a set of 4pcs 48cmX48cm Flower Pattern Patchwork Fabric Bundle Squares Quilting Sewing Art Craft Beds Curtains Pillows Pajamas Making Fabric. Each piece size is 48cm*48cm, and the number of pieces per pack is 4pcs/bag. The fabric can be used to make bedding, curtains, pillows, and more.
– The Printed fabric is very beautiful and durable. Suitable for a range Of craft.
– This printed fabric is made of high-quality material, which makes it have good texture, soft hand feeling, and no color fading. It can be used to make quilts, cushions, pillows, bags, etc. They are all fashion items with a good decoration effect. You will enjoy the comfortable feeling when you touch them.
2. Circle Play 108″ Wide Back Ombred Circle Geometric Autumn, Quilting Fabric by the Yard
This fabric is perfect for quilting, apparel, crafts, and home decor projects. This is a 100% cotton twill fabric that offers great durability for ease of cutting, sewing, and gluing without unraveling or creasing. With a higher density than others, it features 7 patterns to choose from which are perfect for quilting, apparel, crafts, and home decor projects.
Quality Fabric- I bought the Grey Fat Quarters Bundle. I’m very happy with this product.
– Ideal for quilting, crafts, and apparel – Specially designed for quilting, fabrics are also perfect for any sewing and crafting projects, from apparel to home décor.
– Easy to care and maintain: Machine washable in cold water; tumble dry on low heat or line dry.
– Precut to your expected size: – Each bundle includes 7 pieces of quilting fabric, pre-cut to 18″ x 22″ each. Perfect for any sewing and crafting projects, from apparel to home décor.
3. Hanjunzhao Quilting Fabric,Grey Fat Quarters Fabric Bundles,100% Cotton Fabric for Sewing Crafting,Print Floral Striped Polka
Hanjunzhao’s cotton fat quarters are great for quilting and sewing projects. This fabric is perfect for making crafts such as pillows and home décor items. The 18-inch by 22-inch size makes it easy to cut out pieces you need without wasting excess material. It features a large variety of colors and designs, from abstracts to leopard prints.
– 18 inches x 22 inches: – This fabric bundle includes seven pieces, each measuring 18 by 22 inches. It is a great choice for quilting projects or other sewing endeavors that require smaller sections of material rather than the full width. These pre-cut fat quarters offer you many different styles in one pack so you can complete your next project immediately!
– 100 Percent Cotton Material: – Hanjunzhao’s cotton fat quarter bundles are made with premium quality fabrics at an affordable price point.
Perfect collection of grey print – This grey fabric bundle is perfect for quilting, apparel, and home décor. You’ll love the soft texture and vibrant colors!
– Material: 100% high-quality cotton – Our fabrics are made from high-quality cotton that is dense and soft. Perfect for any sewing or crafting projects!
– Size: fat quarters (18″ x 22″) + 7 pieces / Bundle (7 pieces) = Total of 14 Pieces per Bundle
4. Made By Me Easy to Knot Quilt Making Kit by Horizon Group USA, No Sewing, No Cutting, 59 in. x 39 in. Fleece Blanket
Awesome pillow – The finished pillow is approximately 18in. X 18in., making it the perfect size for your bed or couch!
It- so fun to make! – No sewing, no cutting, and no glue necessary. These fleece squares are precut and ready to tie together with colorful fleece embellishments that you can choose yourself. It’s easy to make a one-of-a-kind pillow in just minutes!
– Original and unique – This kit allows you to be original and enjoy the finished product. You will love how easy it is to create something so fun for your home or as a special gift for someone else!
5. flic-flac 25pcs 12 x 12 inches (30cmx30cm) Cotton Fabric Squares Quilting Sewing Floral Precut Fabric Square Sheets for Craft Patchwork
Material: 100% Cotton Fabric, High Quality, soft and strong
– Size: 12 x 12 inches (30cm*30cm ) each sheet ; 25 sheets per pack, different patterns.
– Nice assortment of differently printed, Lots of different patterns suitable for quilts, cushion covers, small purses, toys, coin bags, table cloth.
– Wonderful design, color, and texture. Polka dots ,stripes ,gingham ,prints ,flowers .Perfect for cutting into shapes making costumes decorations bulletin board backdrops and school projects; easy to iron.
6. Shuanshuo Black Series Floral Cotton Fabric Textile Quilting Patchwork Fabric Fat Quarter Bundles Fabric for Scrapbooking Cloth Sewing DIY
Breathable & Eco-Friendly – This fabric is made of 100% cotton, which can effectively prevent the skin from being hurt by ultraviolet radiation. It’s breathable and eco-friendly.
– Basic Quality – The material is very soft and comfortable to wear. Suitable for sewing clothes, bags, hats, etc.
– Packing:1package=7pieces=7colors – You will get one package with 7 pieces(one piece in each color) in total when you purchase this product. There are 7 colors available: red, blue, yellow, purple, green, orange, and white. Please note that the colors may be slightly different from pictures due to monitor settings or light brightness/contrast settings.
7. AK TRADING CO. Muslin Fabric/Textile Unbleached – Draping Fabric – Natural 10 Yards Medium Weight – 100% Cotton (63in. Wide)
100% unbleached natural cotton, breathable, lightweight, super-soft, and smooth
– Muslin fabrics are a staple for fashion designers and quilters! Use them for sewing projects like curtains, tablecloths, or bed sheets. They’re also great for baby blankets or swaddling.
– This fabric has a smooth finish, with a soft touch. It also has a natural light drape and stiffness, thanks to its cotton content. This fabric can also be machine washed and dried, but as always we highly recommend washing it in low settings, or handwashing and air drying fabrics in order to best retain its quality.
6 Things To Consider Before Buying Fabrics For Pillows
1. Fabric Texture – Fabrics like velvet and corduroy create a more luxurious feel for your pillow
2. Fabric Weight – Lightweight fabrics are great for summer, while heavier fabrics will be perfect in winter
3. Pattern- If you’re looking to match the fabric with other items in your home, make sure it matches the pattern of those items
4. Thread Count- Higher thread counts will give your pillow more durability and longevity
5. Color – Make sure that the color of the fabric is something you’ll enjoy living with on a daily basis
6. Price Point- The price point of the fabric should reflect its quality so don’t expect cheap materials to last as long as expensive ones.
Ways You Can Care For Your Pillow So It Lasts Longer, Including Washing Instructions
1. Wash your pillowcase at least once a week
2. Remove the pillow from the case weekly to give it an airing and allow it to dry in between washes
3. Fluff your pillow when you change your bedsheets, or every few days if you don’t change them that often
4. Use a protective cover for any decorative pillows you might have on your couch (especially if they’re made of feathers)
5. If possible, use pillows with zippers so that they can be washed more easily
6. Keep pets off the sofa – this will help prevent hair and dander building up on the cushions
7. Place your pillow in the dryer for 5 minutes after washing it to remove excess moisture
8. Brush your teeth and use mouthwash before going to bed, as that can cause bacteria on the pillow
9. Make sure you’re not sleeping with a pet or heavy blankets which can lead to an increased risk of sweat stains on your pillows
10. Flip over your pillow every few months so both sides get equal wear and tear
Why You Should Change Out Your Pillow Once Every Year Or Two Years At The Most
The average pillow can be stuffed with synthetic materials that are not healthy for your body, or filled with feathers that can cause allergies. You should change out your pillow every year or two years at the most, to avoid any negative side effects of your pillow.
A new pillow can offer relief for those who suffer from asthma or allergies. It also helps if you sleep with your mouth open and drool a lot, as the fabric will absorb the moisture without soaking through to the mattress underneath it. Plus, it just feels awesome when it’s finally time to change out pillows again after months of use!
The Benefits Of Using A Pillow Protector
1. Protects your pillow from stains and spills.
2. Keeps your pillows clean for longer.
3. Prevents the growth of dust mites, bacteria, and fungi that can be harmful to you and your family.
4. Reduces allergens in the home by up to 98%.
5. Help keep allergens away from sensitive skin by trapping them inside the protector’s barrier layer.
6. Maintains a cool temperature during hot summer months – keeps you cooler than without one because it blocks heat transfer between you and the bedding materials beneath it.
7 . Reduces body oils on your bedding so they last longer.
8 . Helps protect against mold.
9 . Decreases allergic reactions.
10 . Can be machine washed at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for complete sanitization.
How To Wash Pillows
Do not use bleach. Wash pillows in hot water using the delicate cycle only. If you have an HE machine, do not wash on extra spin or high spin speed settings since this can damage your pillow and reduce its life span. Air dry but if need be fluff it with low heat to get rid of any wrinkles that may appear after drying is complete then put it back into the case before storing it for future use. Avoid putting them out in direct sunlight when possible because UV rays are harmful to fabrics over time causing color loss among other things which will lead to premature aging of your pillows prematurely so try avoiding windowsills where they might get exposed directly whenever possible during periods between repeated usage cycles.
What material is best for pillows?
There are many different materials that can be used to make pillows. Some of these materials include cotton, wool, and down feathers.
Cotton is a popular material for pillows because it is cheap and easy to clean. However, cotton does not provide much support which means it may not be the best choice if you have neck or back problems.
Wool is also an option for pillows but wool tends to shrink after being washed so it’s important to get a pillowcase that will fit your pillow size when purchasing one made from this material.
Down feathers are considered by some people as the best type of filling for a pillow because they offer great support while still being soft enough to sleep on comfortably all night long, even with neck or back pain issues.
What Type Of Pillow Lasts The Longest?
Down pillows are more durable because they don’t have any feathers that poke through the fabric and create an uncomfortable feeling when laying your head against them. Memory foam pillows also last longer because there isn’t as much movement with this type of material which means less wear and tear on the pillow over time. Pillowcases can also help with longevity by keeping dust mites away from your pillow.
What Is A Recron Certified Pillow?
A Recron certified pillow is a type of pillow that has been tested to meet the standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and European Committee for Standardization (CEN). Often referred to as an “orthopedic” or “medical” pillow, this type of pillow can be used in hospitals, nursing homes, and home care settings. For individuals with chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, back problems, neck pain, or even headaches due to lack of sleep, these pillows are often more comfortable than traditional pillows. The certification process ensures that they do not contain substances like latex which may cause allergic reactions in some people.
How Many Pillows Can You Make From A Yard Of Fabric?
King-size bed pillow: 20 x 36 inches and 112.68 centimeters squared or one and a half yards.
Square pillow forms: 12 x 12 inches: 30.48 centimeters squared or three-eighths yard, 18.29 meters squared or one-quarter yard 16 x 16 inches: 45.72 centimeters squared or five-sixteenths of a yard, 27.27 meters squared or three-quarters of a yard 20 x 20 inches 50 centimeters squared or five-tenths of a yard, 35.71 meters square.
Are Pillows Made Of Cotton?
Yes. Most of the pillows are made of cotton.
Are Recron Pillows Good?
Yes, Recron Pillows are good. They are a type of memory foam pillow that is made in the United States. They are designed to be therapeutic and can help with neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches, migraines, the tension in muscles, and more. The company offers three types of Recron pillows: the standard size for adults which measures 20 x 26 inches; the smaller size for children or women who want a smaller pillow which measures 16 x 23 inches; and the travel size which is 12 x 18 inches.
Last update on 2022-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API